Wrigley FieldChicago Cubs
For ballpark design, it could be a different game in the future
Posted April 23, 2015Associated Press - Wire Reports - CHIC...Read More...
Wrigley video board balances digital present, ballpark's past
Posted April 6, 2015Blair Kamin - Chicago Tribune - Ever s...Read More...
Restroom shortage frustrates fans at Wrigley Field
Posted April 6, 2015Jesse Rogers - ESPN Chicago - CHICAGO ...Read More...
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Before World War I, Charles Weeghman bought the Chicago Whales of the Federal League. Weeghman constructed a new ballpark on the north side of Chicago along Addison and Clark Streets. The stadium was built in 1914 and was known as North Side Park until Weeghman named it after himself, Weeghman Park. For 6 years between 1920 and 1926 it was called Cubs Park. The stadium then was renamed after then Cubs owner William Wrigley Jr., Wrigley chewing gum tycoon. Wrigley Field was also home of the Chicago Bears of the National Football League between 1921 and 1970. It was the last Major League stadium to install lights, in 1988. A long-awaited $500 million dollar renovation project is underway. The bleachers will be expanded, seven new outfield signs will be installed and a new scoreboard will be located in right field.
- Outside of the ballpark
- Upper Deck Patio
- Inside Gate D
- Inside Gate F
Surrounding area - General
Surrounding area - VERY LIMITED Meter Parking
- Pittsburgh Pirates at Chicago Cubs Event Date Time: 04/27/2015 7:05PM
- Pittsburgh Pirates at Chicago Cubs Event Date Time: 04/28/2015 7:05PM
- Pittsburgh Pirates at Chicago Cubs Event Date Time: 04/29/2015 7:05PM
- Milwaukee Brewers at Chicago Cubs Event Date Time: 05/01/2015 1:20PM
- Milwaukee Brewers at Chicago Cubs Event Date Time: 05/02/2015 1:20PM
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Throughout facility
- $3.00 - $8.00
- Arrieta's in-game adjustments spur strong effort
- Starlin adds to highlight reel with throw from knees
- Russell's big hit helps propel Cubs to victory
- Arrieta, Russell lead way as Cubs top Reds
- Maddon lauds Bryant's keen batting eye
- Motte sends text of support to injured Wainwright
- Hammel happy to be home to face Pirates
- Ozzie, Rickey, Jenkins and Tiant enter Hall of Game
- Cubs' tilt with Reds gets rained out
- Rizzo's approach at the plate impresses Maddon
Ending era as last major league ballpark without video2014-09-25 14:14:00
50 years at Wrigley Field -- a family of vendors2014-10-01 14:41:59
Floyd Sullivan - Chicago Now -
Wrigley Field bleacher demolition begins with a bang2014-10-17 16:07:12
Brian Cassella - Chicago Tribune -
Wrigley Field bleachers may not be ready for season opener2014-12-01 15:48:40
Mark Townsend - Yahoo Sports -
Stadiums USA Radio looks at Wrigley renovation2014-12-29 17:42:54
Wrigley Field bleachers won't open until May2015-01-19 16:06:30
Mark Gonzales - Chicago Tribune -
Ricketts family adds investors to help pay for Wrigley rehab2015-02-26 20:32:27
Ameet Sachdev - Chicago Tribune -
Mayor refuses Cubs' request for round-the-clock Wrigley work2015-03-03 17:38:05
Fran Speilman - Chicago Sun Times -
Go song go: Vote for the next Cubs hit2015-03-11 15:41:19
Mark Caro - Chicago Tribune -
Cubs' Wrigley renovation will take additional year2015-03-26 15:57:03
James Neveau - NBC 5 Chicago -
Restroom shortage frustrates fans at Wrigley Field2015-04-06 14:34:20
Jesse Rogers - ESPN Chicago -
Wrigley video board balances digital present, ballpark's past2015-04-06 14:50:24
Blair Kamin - Chicago Tribune -
For ballpark design, it could be a different game in the future2015-04-23 14:38:46
Associated Press - Wire Reports -
- All items are subject to search
- Permitted. Must be hand-held.
- Permitted. Must be small.
- Permitted. Must be soft-sided. 16x16x8 inches max.
- Permitted. Must be a factory-sealed plastic bottle.
- Permitted. 16x16x8 inches max.