Turner FieldAtlanta Braves
Turner Field is the home of Major League Baseball’s Atlanta Braves. The park was built as a centerpiece of the 1996 Summer Olympics and originally called Centennial Olympic Stadium. Because of the need for a track to fit inside the stadium for Olympic competition, foul territory is larger than most MLB stadiums. Turner Field has hosted numerous playoff games, as the Braves experienced baseball dominance over the years, winning eleven division titles. Although the stadium is just 18 years old, the Braves have announced plans to vacate Turner Field for a new stadium in Atlanta’s northwest suburbs. Team officials cite traffic and parking difficulties and lack of control over development around the stadium as key reasons for moving the team out of the city.
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium was originally constructed as the 85,000 seat Centennial Olympic Stadium. Immediately following the Olympic Games, much of the north end of the stadium was removed in order to convert it to a 49,000-seat baseball park. The most popular choice among Atlanta residents for a new stadium name was Hank Aaron Stadium, named after the former Braves slugger. Instead, team officials opted for Turner Field, named after media mogul and philanthropist Ted Turner who founded cable stations CNN and WTBS.
- Monument Grove
- Field Level
- Terrace Level
- Golden Moon Casino Level
- Upper Level
Surrounding the Ballpark - General
- No tents. Grilling is permitted in the grassy area only. Must have something to extinguish the coals.
- Philadelphia Phillies at Atlanta Braves Event Date Time: 05/05/2015 7:10PM
- Philadelphia Phillies at Atlanta Braves Event Date Time: 05/06/2015 7:10PM
- Tampa Bay Rays at Atlanta Braves Event Date Time: 05/19/2015 7:10PM
- Tampa Bay Rays at Atlanta Braves Event Date Time: 05/20/2015 7:10PM
- Milwaukee Brewers at Atlanta Braves Event Date Time: 05/21/2015 7:10PM
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Plaza & Upper level
The Braves Chop House
- Throughout the facility
- Wood's early troubles too much for Braves to overcome
- Peterson could become everyday player
- MLB reveals 30 Honorary Bat Girl winners
- Proud dad Johnson leads Braves' offense
- Aggressive approach suits sharp Teheran
- Teheran finds form as Braves blank Reds
- Triples at heart of Stults' two-out trouble
- Simmons can't dodge grounder, called out
- Braves can't overcome Reds' power
- One month later, Ciriaco gets callup
- Designated areas only
- Permitted. Must be hand-held. No gameplay footage.
- Permitted. Must be small.
- Permitted. Must be soft-sided, without a plastic liner.
- Permitted. Must be in a factory-sealed plastic bottle.