Turner FieldAtlanta Braves
Turner Field is the home of Major League Baseball’s Atlanta Braves. The park was built as a centerpiece of the 1996 Summer Olympics and originally called Centennial Olympic Stadium. Because of the need for a track to fit inside the stadium for Olympic competition, foul territory is larger than most MLB stadiums. Turner Field has hosted numerous playoff games, as the Braves experienced baseball dominance over the years, winning eleven division titles. Although the stadium is just 18 years old, the Braves have announced plans to vacate Turner Field for a new stadium in Atlanta’s northwest suburbs. Team officials cite traffic and parking difficulties and lack of control over development around the stadium as key reasons for moving the team out of the city.
08-02-2015 Sun Hi 92°F
08-03-2015 Mon Hi 94°F
08-04-2015 Tue Hi 96°F
08-05-2015 Wed Hi 94°F
Lo 73°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium was originally constructed as the 85,000 seat Centennial Olympic Stadium. Immediately following the Olympic Games, much of the north end of the stadium was removed in order to convert it to a 49,000-seat baseball park. The most popular choice among Atlanta residents for a new stadium name was Hank Aaron Stadium, named after the former Braves slugger. Instead, team officials opted for Turner Field, named after media mogul and philanthropist Ted Turner who founded cable stations CNN and WTBS.
- Monument Grove
- Field Level
- Terrace Level
- Golden Moon Casino Level
- Upper Level
Surrounding the Ballpark - General
- No tents. Grilling is permitted in the grassy area only. Must have something to extinguish the coals.
- San Francisco Giants at Atlanta Braves Event Date Time: 08/03/2015 7:10PM
- San Francisco Giants at Atlanta Braves Event Date Time: 08/04/2015 7:10PM
- San Francisco Giants at Atlanta Braves Event Date Time: 08/05/2015 7:10PM
- Miami Marlins at Atlanta Braves Event Date Time: 08/06/2015 7:10PM
- Miami Marlins at Atlanta Braves Event Date Time: 08/07/2015 7:35PM
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Plaza & Upper level
The Braves Chop House
- Throughout the facility
- X-rays negative on Simmons' right thumb
- Braves must deal with rotation's growing pains
- Braves looking to minimize struggles
- Braves move forward after latest round of trades
- Marksberry excited to be in Major Leagues
- Maybin excels with Braves, his childhood dream team
- Vizcaino ready to be next Braves closer
- Braves sad to see teammates traded away
- GM Hart happy to bring in a talent like Olivera
- Teheran makes start in series finale vs. Phillies
- Designated areas only
- Permitted. Must be hand-held. No gameplay footage.
- Permitted. Must be small.
- Permitted. Must be soft-sided, without a plastic liner.
- Permitted. Must be in a factory-sealed plastic bottle.