Turner FieldAtlanta Braves
Turner Field is the home of Major League Baseball’s Atlanta Braves. The park was built as a centerpiece of the 1996 Summer Olympics and originally called Centennial Olympic Stadium. Because of the need for a track to fit inside the stadium for Olympic competition, foul territory is larger than most MLB stadiums. Turner Field has hosted numerous playoff games, as the Braves experienced baseball dominance over the years, winning eleven division titles. Although the stadium is just 18 years old, the Braves have announced plans to vacate Turner Field for a new stadium in Atlanta’s northwest suburbs. Team officials cite traffic and parking difficulties and lack of control over development around the stadium as key reasons for moving the team out of the city.
03-02-2015 Mon Hi 64°F
03-03-2015 Tue Hi 55°F
03-04-2015 Wed Hi 68°F
03-05-2015 Thu Hi 41°F
Lo 28°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium was originally constructed as the 85,000 seat Centennial Olympic Stadium. Immediately following the Olympic Games, much of the north end of the stadium was removed in order to convert it to a 49,000-seat baseball park. The most popular choice among Atlanta residents for a new stadium name was Hank Aaron Stadium, named after the former Braves slugger. Instead, team officials opted for Turner Field, named after media mogul and philanthropist Ted Turner who founded cable stations CNN and WTBS.
- Monument Grove
- Field Level
- Terrace Level
- Golden Moon Casino Level
- Upper Level
Surrounding the Ballpark - General
- No tents. Grilling is permitted in the grassy area only. Must have something to extinguish the coals.
- 2015 Atlanta Braves Season (All Home Games) Event Date Time: 04/05/2015 TBA
- New York Mets at Atlanta Braves - Home Opener Event Date Time: 04/10/2015 7:35PM
- New York Mets at Atlanta Braves Event Date Time: 04/11/2015 7:10PM
- New York Mets at Atlanta Braves Event Date Time: 04/12/2015 1:35PM
- Miami Marlins at Atlanta Braves Event Date Time: 04/13/2015 7:10PM
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Plaza & Upper level
The Braves Chop House
- Throughout the facility
- Rodriguez to make start in Braves' spring opener
- Brave words: Sunday, March 1
- Youngster Murphy impressing behind the plate
- Cunningham confident in ability to compete for CF job
- Johnson working on regaining old form
- Brave words: Saturday, Feb. 28
- Kimbrel creates introductory T-shirts
- Quartet vying to fill in for Upton in center field
- Upton tries to take positive out of latest setback
- Brave words: Friday, Feb. 27
- Designated areas only
- Permitted. Must be hand-held. No gameplay footage.
- Permitted. Must be small.
- Permitted. Must be soft-sided, without a plastic liner.
- Permitted. Must be in a factory-sealed plastic bottle.