Tad Smith ColiseumOle Miss Rebels
C. M. "Tad" Smith Coliseum is a 9,061-seat multi-purpose arena on the campus of the University of Mississippi. It is home to the University of Mississippi Rebels and Lady Rebels basketball teams. It has also hosted many concerts, one of which was The Allman Brothers with Gov't Mule in November 1995. The circular building, similar to many arenas constructed at the time, has a 272-foot-diameter white steel-framed, Neoprene-covered roof which tops out at 89 feet above the court. From its exterior, it looks like a giant hub cap. The floor, 130' from end to end with its Rebel red and blue trim, is located twelve feet below the surrounding ground level. The seats were replaced in 2001 with navy blue upholstered seats. The center-court scoreboard includes four new[when?] Pro Star video boards and a state-of-the-art[clarification needed] sound system. The outside of the building includes red Mississippi brick and blue vinyl-covered steel siding. It is located to the southwest of the center of campus, west of Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. A Confederate cemetery lies behind the building.
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The building opened during 1965–1966 as Rebel Coliseum. It was renamed on March 25, 1972, to honor C. M. "Tad" Smith, former three-sport letterman, coach and athletic director at the university. The largest crowd ever at the building was on February 10, 2007, when 9,452 fans watched the Rebels defeat the No. 18 Alabama Crimson Tide. Prior to the building of the Coliseum, the team played in Old Gym (now the Martindale Student Services Center), a 2,500-seat gym built in 1929.
Intramural Drive - General Public and RV
West Jackson Ave - General Public
- $50/day - $15/vehicle
"The Grove" - Tailgating
- No event is scheduled here.
- Ole Miss Men's Basketball news
- Rebels Add Transfer Forward Gielo
- Ole Miss To Face Kansas State in Big 12/SEC Challenge
- Rebels Add Hoops Transfer Burnett
- Ole Miss Renews Commitment to Hoops, Announces Kennedy Contract Extension
- Rebels Named to Winter SEC Academic Honor Roll
- Ole Miss Adds JUCO Standout Finley
- Rebels Fall in NCAA Tournament to Xavier
- Ole Miss Dances Into Jacksonville, Faces Xavier
- Ole Miss Takes Down BYU in NCAA Tournament