Stegeman ColiseumGeorgia Bulldogs
100 Smith St, Athens, GA, 30606
Stegeman Coliseum is located in Athens Georgia. It is home to the University of Georgia Bulldogs men’s and women’s basketball and gymnastics teams. Stegeman Coliseum is an indoor multi-purpose arena that replaced Woodruff Hall, a field house built in 1923 that had the capacity of 3,000. Stegeman Coliseum has the seating capacity of 10,523. Construction started on the Stegeman Coliseum in 1962 and opened in 1964. When first built the facitlity was named the Georgia Coliseum. In 1996, it was given the name Stegeman Coliseum in honor of Herman James Stegeman. Stegeman was a generous contributor during his tenure (1919-1939). In 2000 the wooden seats in the lower section were replaced with cushioned seats. In 2009-2010 seasons, the main concourse level was fully renovated, approximately 30,000 square feet. Included in this 13 million renovation were upgrades to the concession are, additional bathrooms installed, a merchandising area, a first aid room, new ticket sales area, and a new graphics and way signage. During the 1996 Summer Olympics, Stegeman Coliseum hosted the rhythmic gymnastics and the preliminary indoor volleyball matches.
08-24-2016 Wed Hi 89°F
08-25-2016 Thu Hi 88°F
08-26-2016 Fri Hi 87°F
08-27-2016 Sat Hi 88°F
Lo 70°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
- Main Concourse behind Sections D & M
- No event is scheduled here.
- Women's Volleyball: UNC Asheville vs Georgia , 08/26/16 7:00 PM ET
- Women's Soccer: Samford vs Georgia , 08/26/16 7:00 PM ET
- Women's Volleyball: San Francisco vs Georgia , 08/27/16 7:00 PM ET
- Women's Volleyball: Savannah State vs Georgia , 08/27/16 1:00 PM ET
- Women's Soccer: Cal State Fullerton vs Georgia , 08/28/16 1:00 PM ET
- All bags are subject to search
- Permitted. No video or flash.
- Permitted. Must be bagged.
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)