Sanford StadiumGeorgia Bulldogs
Sanford Dr and Field St, Athens, GA, 30602
East Sanford Stadium, or Sanford Stadium for short, is home to the University of Georgia in Athens NCAA Football Team, The Bulldogs. The stadium opened in 1929 with initial construction costs of only $360,000. It features a Natural Grass playing surface and has a seating capacity of 92,746, much larger than the original seating capacity of 30,000. Not including racetracks, Sanford Stadium is the 8th largest stadium in the country. In 1994 the stadium added 30 luxury suites to the stadium and then added 20 more in 2000. The stadium added an additional 5,500 seats in 2003 when they added an additional upper deck. In 2005 the stadium added a new Daktronics HD video display and several ribbon boards throughout the stadium.
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
- By Gate 2 Concessions
- Sections 108 and 321
- By Gate 9 Concessions
- 600 Level by the restaurants
North Handicap Lot - Disability Permit Parking
Stadium Lots - General
- Sanford Drive
- 2016 Georgia Bulldogs Football Season (All Home Games) Event Date Time: 09/09/2016 TBA
- Nicholls State Colonels at Georgia Bulldogs Event Date Time: 09/10/2016 12:00PM
- Tennessee Volunteers at Georgia Bulldogs Event Date Time: 10/01/2016 TBA
- Vanderbilt Commodores at Georgia Bulldogs Event Date Time: 10/15/2016 TBA
- Auburn Tigers at Georgia Bulldogs Event Date Time: 11/12/2016 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Georgia Football news
- Legendary Cartoonist Jack Davis Dies
- Open Practice to Kick Off 2016 Fan Day
- ESPN Carwash with Coach Kirby Smart
- Single Game Football Tickets On Sale
- SEC Media Day - Extended Cuts
- Six Dogs Preseason All-SEC
- Chick-fil-A Kickoff Tickets On Sale to Public
- McKenzie Included On Hornung Watch List
- Two Dogs Named Nominees For Doak Walker
- All guests are subject to inspection upon entering the Stadium.
- Permitted. No video.
- Permitted. 13x7.5 inches max.
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)