San Jose Municipal StadiumSan Jose Giants
588 E. Alma Ave, San Jose, CA, 95112
San Jose Municipal Stadium is home to the San Francisco Giant's Minor League Baseball affiliate, the San Jose Giants. The Spartans from San Jose State University has also played some games and Muni Stadium, the stadium's common nickname. The stadium opened in 1942 with initial construction costs of $80,000. It opened with a seating capacity of 2,900 but has since expanded to seat 4,200. The stadium has a Baby Bermuda Grass Playing field surface. In the 1990's the stadium underwent multiple renovations. In 1994 the stadium renovated the restrooms and clubhouse, in 1996 the stadium added more box seats expanding the seating capacity, and in 1999 the stadium increased the dugout size by expanding them towards the field.
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
- No event is scheduled here.
- Giants Prevail In Extras For Seventh Straight Win
- Giants Shutout Quakes, Extend Win Streak To Six
- Giants Complete Four-Game Sweep Of 66ers
- Giants Cruise To Fourth Straight Win
- One Run Enough As Giants Shutout Sixers
- Giants Open Road Trip With Wild 11-Inning Victory
- Christian Arroyo and Chase Johnson Named to Postseason All-Star Team
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)