San Jose Municipal StadiumSan Jose Giants
588 E. Alma Ave, San Jose, CA, 95112
San Jose Municipal Stadium is home to the San Francisco Giant's Minor League Baseball affiliate, the San Jose Giants. The Spartans from San Jose State University has also played some games and Muni Stadium, the stadium's common nickname. The stadium opened in 1942 with initial construction costs of $80,000. It opened with a seating capacity of 2,900 but has since expanded to seat 4,200. The stadium has a Baby Bermuda Grass Playing field surface. In the 1990's the stadium underwent multiple renovations. In 1994 the stadium renovated the restrooms and clubhouse, in 1996 the stadium added more box seats expanding the seating capacity, and in 1999 the stadium increased the dugout size by expanding them towards the field.
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
- No event is scheduled here.
- Beede Birthday Bash At Muni As Giants Roll 11-0
- Giants Hold Off Quakes To Win Fourth Straight
- Giants Sweep Nuts On Walk-Off Balk
- Jake Peavy Scheduled to Begin Rehab Assignment Friday
- Giants Walk-Off With 3-2 Victory Over Nuts
- Mella Masterful In 2-0 Shutout Victory
- Giants Fall In Road Trip Finale, 7-3
- San Jose Giants Homestand Preview: May 19 - May 25
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)