San Jose Municipal StadiumSan Jose Giants
588 E. Alma Ave, San Jose, CA, 95112
San Jose Municipal Stadium is home to the San Francisco Giant's Minor League Baseball affiliate, the San Jose Giants. The Spartans from San Jose State University has also played some games and Muni Stadium, the stadium's common nickname. The stadium opened in 1942 with initial construction costs of $80,000. It opened with a seating capacity of 2,900 but has since expanded to seat 4,200. The stadium has a Baby Bermuda Grass Playing field surface. In the 1990's the stadium underwent multiple renovations. In 1994 the stadium renovated the restrooms and clubhouse, in 1996 the stadium added more box seats expanding the seating capacity, and in 1999 the stadium increased the dugout size by expanding them towards the field.
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
- No event is scheduled here.
- Jake Smith Nominated for 2015 MiLBY Award
- Giants Season Ends With Game 3 Shutout Loss
- Ninth-Inning Rally Falls Short In Game 2 Loss
- Quakes Power Past Giants In Game 1 Rout
- Giants Outlast Rawhide In 11 To Win North Title
- San Jose Giants CMO Juliana Paoli Receives California League Woman of Excellence Award
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)