Ryan FieldNorthwestern Wildcats
Ryan Field is located in Evanston, Illinois on the Northwestern University campus. It was formerly known as Dyche Stadium. It is home to the Northwestern Wildcats football team of the Big Ten Conference. The current seating capacity is 47,130 and the playing surface is natural grass. Ryan Field is owned and operated by Northwestern University.
10-31-2014 Fri Hi 42°F
11-01-2014 Sat Hi 42°F
11-02-2014 Sun Hi 53°F
11-03-2014 Mon Hi 59°F
Lo 53°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Construction started in the spring of 1926 and was completed later that year. The original seating capacity was 25,000. In 1949 the stadium was expanded by a horseshoe structure at the south end and again in 1952. This increased the seating capacity to 49,256 and with temporary bleachers sometimes used on the north end rose to the capacity to 55,000. In 1961 a press box and an elevator to the second deck were installed. In 1973 Tartan Turf was installed to replace the grass field. In 1994 the artificial turf was replaced with AstroTurf being the last renovation of the “old” Dyche Stadium. In 1996-1997 the stadium (Dyche Stadium) underwent major reconstruction which included a redesign of the stadium. Reopening in the fall of 1997 the stadium did so with a new name – Ryan Field. In 1997 in honor of Patrick G. Ryan family, chairman of Northwestern’s Board of Trustees and contributions given, the field was named Ryan Field. The 1996 renovations included new seating, replacing the turf field with natural grass and a three level structure on the west end which houses the stadium club and media. The renovation also included football locker room, sports medicine center and equipment room.
Zoom out on map to see - additional parking at downtown Northwestern campus
- Michigan Wolverines at Northwestern Wildcats Event Date Time: 11/08/2014 2:30PM
- Illinois Fighting Illini at Northwestern Wildcats Event Date Time: 11/29/2014 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Northwestern Football news
- The Skip Report: Northwestern vs. Iowa Preview
- Vitabile Garners NFF National Scholar-Athlete Distinction
- The Skip Report: It's Not A Game of Perfect
- Wildcats, Hawkeyes Square Off Saturday in Kinnick Stadium
- The Skip Report: Five Weeks in November
- The Skip Report: What It Takes To Be A 'One'
- Northwestern DB Dwight White To Retire From Football
- Tickets On Sale Now For Wildcat Wednesday With 'The Game 87.7FM'
- The Skip Report: Tale of Two Halves
- All bags are subject to search