Rutgers StadiumRutgers Scarlet Knights
Rutgers Stadium is a $28 million outdoor football stadium located in Piscataway, New Jersey on the campus of Rutgers University. The stadium is home to the Rutgers Scarlet Knights football team. The 52,454 seat stadium has been open since 1994.
09-20-2014 Sat Hi 85°F
09-21-2014 Sun Hi 92°F
09-22-2014 Mon Hi 70°F
09-23-2014 Tue Hi 74°F
Lo 57°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
From 1938-1992, the Rutgers Scarlet Knights football team played at old Rutgers Stadium, which had been built by the Works Progress Administration. In 1993, the stadium was torn down and an entirely new stadium was built on the site at a cost of $28 million. After playing the 1993 season at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ, the Scarlet Knights opened the new stadium on September 3, 1994 with a 28-6 victory over Kent State. The new stadium had a capacity of 41,500 and had a horseshoe design with an open-ended south end zone. After a $102 million renovation and expansion in 2008 and 2009, the stadium's capacity reached 52,454. In addition to addition seating in the south end zone and other areas, a large lounge and club seating were constructed. About $85 million of the renovation project was funded through bonds.
- No event is scheduled here.
- Navy in a Rush to Prove Itself Against Rutgers' Defense
- Notebook: Alexander Hopes to Keep One Long-Distance Fan Happy
- Kirksey's Goal Against Navy: Be a Dominant Force Inside
- Waters Hoping to Make a Big Splash Against Navy
- Rutgers' Best Option For Navy's Offense? Brian Verbitski
- Scarlet Knights in the NFL Week 2
- Rutgers-Tulane Set for Noon Kickoff on ESPNews
- Latest Extreme For Rutgers' Defense: Navy's Triple Option
- Kyle Flood Weekly Press Conference Transcript - Sept. 15
- Rutgers Game Notes: The Navy Game