Reser StadiumOregon State Beavers
Reser Stadium is home to the Oregon State University's NCAA football team, the Beavers. The stadium opened in 1953 after just over a year of construction with initial construction costs of about $1 million. Later, the stadium underwent $80 million worth in renovations in 2005. The stadium opened with a seating capacity of 25,000 which has been expanded to 45,674. The facility opened with a natural grass playing surface on the field but renovations to the field have had it transition to Astroturf for over 30 years in 1969 and it now features the very popular FieldTurf playing surface. The stadium has not only been expanded but it has had upgrades to their weight room and locker room. There is also a large HD video scoreboard and permanent lighting for night games.
12-02-2016 Fri Hi 44°F
12-03-2016 Sat Hi 52°F
12-04-2016 Sun Hi 48°F
12-05-2016 Mon Hi 43°F
Lo 34°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
From 1910 to 1953, the Beavers played their home games at Bell Field (now the site of the Dixon Recreation Center), and also played as many as four games a year at Multnomah Stadium (now Jeld-Wen Field) in Portland. In 1948, Oregon State president August L. Strand, athletic director Spec Keene, and Portland businessman Charles T. Parker met to plan a replacement for Bell Field. In 1949, Parker kicked off the stadium fundraising campaign and made significant contributions of his own. In 1952, construction of the stadium began. For Parker's efforts and contributions, the stadium was named in his honor, and the first game was played on Homecoming, November 14, 1953, with the Beavers defeating Washington State 7-0. The stadium was renovated in 1958, 1965, and 1967, reaching a capacity of approximately 40,500 seats, but the architect's full intent never came to fruition. In 1990, with the construction of the original Valley Football Center behind the northwest end zone, capacity was reduced to 35,362. The stadium was renamed in 1999 to honor Al and Pat Reser, owners of Reser's Fine Foods. The couple both graduated from Oregon State in 1960 and were major donors to Beavers athletics and OSU, The Parker name is still honored at Parker Plaza, located between Reser and Gill Coliseum, the site of many pregame activities. The future of Reser Stadium includes two more phases. Phase two will expand the stadium to approximately 47,000 and phase three to 55,000. The next two phases are to be scheduled in the future.
- Behind Section 9 next to the First Aid Station
On-site - General
- No event is scheduled here.
- Between Sections 14 and 15, and Sections 118 and 119
- Throughout the Stadium
- All bags and containers may be searched.
- Designated areas away from Gates and ticket lines
- Permitted. Must be soft-sided.
- Permitted. Must be factory-sealed.