Michigan StadiumMichigan Wolverines
Fan suffers heart attack in Michigan’s stadium
Posted October 19, 2015Kylee Wierks - WXIN - ANN ARBOR, MI (O...Read More...
Michigan Stadium capacity reduced to 107,601
Posted August 7, 2015Mark Snyder - Detroit Free Press - Mic...Read More...
Michigan season ticket sales spike
Posted July 17, 2015Associated Press - ANN ARBOR, Mich. --...Read More...
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium opened in 1927 with a seating capacity of 82,000 and construction costs of $950,000. The new structure was built on land that had been home to an underground spring. The water posed a problem during construction, creating a surface that resembled quicksand. It was this moist ground that engulfed a crane which remains under the stadium today. The high water table also led to nearly three-quarters of the stadium being built below ground level. The stadium featured a natural grass playing surface and after experimenting with Artificial turf it returned to natural grass in 1991. In 2003, the popular FieldTurf playing surface was installed. In 2010, the stadium underwent $226 million worth of renovations. Renovations included new bleachers, wider aisles and seats, a new press box, and luxury boxes/club seating. In 2011, the stadium added a new scoreboard and permanent lighting.
- North and South ends of the stadium
- Outside the Stadium at Gate G
Surrounding facility - General
- International Champions Cup: Real Madrid CF vs. Chelsea FC Event Date Time: 07/30/2016 3:00PM
- 2016 Michigan Wolverines Football Season (All Home Games) Event Date Time: 09/02/2016 TBA
- Hawaii Warriors at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/03/2016 TBA
- UCF Golden Knights at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/10/2016 TBA
- Colorado Buffaloes at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/17/2016 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Sections 2, 4, 15-21, 25-31, 42 and 43
- By Gates 9 and 10
- Michigan Football news
- Rudock Joins Glasgow Following Sixth-Round Selection by Lions
- Henry Chosen in Fourth Round of NFL Draft by Baltimore
- Glasgow Drafted by Lions in Third Round of NFL Draft
- Five Wolverines Named to NFF Hampshire Honor Society
- Kornacki: Speight Welcomes Big Stage, Open QB Competition
- Kornacki: 'Big Play' McCray Raring To Go
- Kornacki: Peppers At Home in New Linebacker Role
- Maize Team Prevails in Spring Game after Goal-Line Stand
- Michigan Football Ticket Packs On Sale Starting June 14
Photos of Michigan Stadium looking very non-sellout-y2014-09-29 15:48:31
Jason Kirk - SB Nation -
Michigan to lower student ticket prices2014-10-24 16:38:50
Michigan season ticket sales spike2015-07-17 16:33:53
Associated Press -
Michigan Stadium capacity reduced to 107,6012015-08-07 18:40:05
Mark Snyder - Detroit Free Press -
Fan suffers heart attack in Michigan’s stadium2015-10-19 14:13:47
Kylee Wierks - WXIN -
- All guests and items are subject to search
- Permitted. Single-frame flash only.
- Permitted. Must be in a factory-sealed plastic bottle.
- Permitted. 5x8x5 inches max.