Michigan StadiumMichigan Wolverines
Michigan Stadium sees six-fold cell service upgrade
Posted August 13, 2014By Justin P. Hicks - Michigan Live - &nb...Read More...
08-31-2014 Sun Hi 84°F
09-01-2014 Mon Hi 87°F
09-02-2014 Tue Hi 81°F
09-03-2014 Wed Hi 81°F
Lo 62°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium opened in 1927 with a seating capacity of 82,000 and construction costs of $950,000. The new structure was built on land that had been home to an underground spring. The water posed a problem during construction, creating a surface that resembled quicksand. It was this moist ground that engulfed a crane which remains under the stadium today. The high water table also led to nearly three-quarters of the stadium being built below ground level. The stadium featured a natural grass playing surface and after experimenting with Artificial turf it returned to natural grass in 1991. In 2003, the popular FieldTurf playing surface was installed. In 2010, the stadium underwent $226 million worth of renovations. Renovations included new bleachers, wider aisles and seats, a new press box, and luxury boxes/club seating. In 2011, the stadium added a new scoreboard and permanent lighting.
- North and South ends of the stadium
- Outside the Stadium at Gate G
Surrounding facility - General
- No event is scheduled here.
- Sections 2, 4, 15-21, 25-31, 42 and 43
- By Gates 9 and 10
- Michigan Football news
- The Significance of Michigan's 100-Yard Rushers
- Michigan Football Statistics (1-game Totals)
- Postgame Quotes: Michigan 52, Appalachian State 14
- Postgame Notes: Michigan 52, Appalachian State 14
- Boxscore: Michigan 52, Appalachian State 14
- Devins, Two-Headed Running Attack Wipe Out Appalachian State
- Fan Initiatives Announced for 2014 Michigan Football Season
- This Week in Michigan Football: vs. Appalachian State
- Delay-Free Radio Available for Fans Inside Michigan Stadium
Michigan Stadium sees six-fold cell service upgrade2014-08-13 14:07:35
By Justin P. Hicks - Michigan Live - Read More...
- All guests and items are subject to search
- Permitted. Single-frame flash only.
- Permitted. Must be in a factory-sealed plastic bottle.
- Permitted. 5x8x5 inches max.