Michigan StadiumMichigan Wolverines
Howard King, the voice of Michigan Stadium, dies at 83
Posted May 5, 2016Brendan F. Quinn - Michigan Live ANN A...Read More...
Fan suffers heart attack in Michigan’s stadium
Posted October 19, 2015Kylee Wierks - WXIN - ANN ARBOR, MI (O...Read More...
Michigan Stadium capacity reduced to 107,601
Posted August 7, 2015Mark Snyder - Detroit Free Press - Mic...Read More...
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium opened in 1927 with a seating capacity of 82,000 and construction costs of $950,000. The new structure was built on land that had been home to an underground spring. The water posed a problem during construction, creating a surface that resembled quicksand. It was this moist ground that engulfed a crane which remains under the stadium today. The high water table also led to nearly three-quarters of the stadium being built below ground level. The stadium featured a natural grass playing surface and after experimenting with Artificial turf it returned to natural grass in 1991. In 2003, the popular FieldTurf playing surface was installed. In 2010, the stadium underwent $226 million worth of renovations. Renovations included new bleachers, wider aisles and seats, a new press box, and luxury boxes/club seating. In 2011, the stadium added a new scoreboard and permanent lighting.
- North and South ends of the stadium
- Outside the Stadium at Gate G
Surrounding facility - General
- Hawaii Warriors at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/03/2016 12:00PM
- 2016 Michigan Wolverines Football Season (All Home Games) Event Date Time: 09/03/2016 TBA
- UCF Golden Knights at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/10/2016 12:00PM
- Colorado Buffaloes at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/17/2016 3:30PM
- Penn State Nittany Lions at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/24/2016 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Sections 2, 4, 15-21, 25-31, 42 and 43
- By Gates 9 and 10
- Michigan Football news
- Military Appreciation Game Details Set; Ticket Donations Still Being Accepted
- Kornacki: Cole Now in Center of Action
- Kornacki: Ways Enters Camp with Eyes Wide Open
- Kornacki: Taco Shares Joys, Tears with Lifelong Friend LeVert
- Kornacki: O'Korn-Speight Front-Runners; Lewis-Peppers Three-Way Threats
- Kornacki: Hirsch Defies Odds to Earn Second Chance on the Gridiron
- Kornacki: Jordan-Michigan the Perfect Marriage
- Kornacki: Michigan Ecstatic as First Jumpman Squad
- Driven to Improve, Darboh Discusses His Challenge for 2016
Photos of Michigan Stadium looking very non-sellout-y2014-09-29 15:48:31
Jason Kirk - SB Nation -
Michigan to lower student ticket prices2014-10-24 16:38:50
Michigan season ticket sales spike2015-07-17 16:33:53
Associated Press -
Michigan Stadium capacity reduced to 107,6012015-08-07 18:40:05
Mark Snyder - Detroit Free Press -
Fan suffers heart attack in Michigan’s stadium2015-10-19 14:13:47
Kylee Wierks - WXIN -
Howard King, the voice of Michigan Stadium, dies at 832016-05-05 14:47:51
Brendan F. Quinn - Michigan Live
- All guests and items are subject to search
- Permitted. Single-frame flash only.
- Permitted. Must be in a factory-sealed plastic bottle.
- Permitted. 5x8x5 inches max.