Michigan StadiumMichigan Wolverines
Photos of Michigan Stadium looking very non-sellout-y
Posted September 29, 2014Jason Kirk - SB Nation - Michigan foot...Read More...
Michigan's 100,000-plus attendance streak continues
Posted September 15, 2014Brendan F. Quinn - Michigan Live - ANN...Read More...
Michigan Stadium sees six-fold cell service upgrade
Posted August 13, 2014By Justin P. Hicks - Michigan Live - &nb...Read More...
10-02-2014 Thu Hi 76°F
10-03-2014 Fri Hi 68°F
10-04-2014 Sat Hi 48°F
10-05-2014 Sun Hi 55°F
Lo 41°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium opened in 1927 with a seating capacity of 82,000 and construction costs of $950,000. The new structure was built on land that had been home to an underground spring. The water posed a problem during construction, creating a surface that resembled quicksand. It was this moist ground that engulfed a crane which remains under the stadium today. The high water table also led to nearly three-quarters of the stadium being built below ground level. The stadium featured a natural grass playing surface and after experimenting with Artificial turf it returned to natural grass in 1991. In 2003, the popular FieldTurf playing surface was installed. In 2010, the stadium underwent $226 million worth of renovations. Renovations included new bleachers, wider aisles and seats, a new press box, and luxury boxes/club seating. In 2011, the stadium added a new scoreboard and permanent lighting.
- North and South ends of the stadium
- Outside the Stadium at Gate G
Surrounding facility - General
- Penn State Nittany Lions at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 10/11/2014 7:00PM
- Slippery Rock vs. Mercyhurst Event Date Time: 10/18/2014 1:00PM
- Indiana Hoosiers at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 11/01/2014 3:30PM
- Maryland Terrapins at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 11/22/2014 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Sections 2, 4, 15-21, 25-31, 42 and 43
- By Gates 9 and 10
- Michigan Football news
- This Week in Michigan Football: Brady Hoke Press Conference
- Clark Learns to Trust from Michigan Football, Coach Hoke
- Michigan Athletics Statement Regarding Student-Athlete Safety and Welfare
- Brady Hoke Monday Press Conference: Rutgers Week
- Wolverines Q&A: Hoke on Minnesota, Rutgers
- Motivation Remains the Same for Maize & Blue
- Wolverine Offense Looking to Get On Same Page
- Michigan Football Statistics (5-game Totals)
- Postgame Quotes: Minnesota 30, Michigan 14
Michigan Stadium sees six-fold cell service upgrade2014-08-13 14:07:35
By Justin P. Hicks - Michigan Live - Read More...
Michigan's 100,000-plus attendance streak continues2014-09-15 14:28:28
Brendan F. Quinn - Michigan Live -
Photos of Michigan Stadium looking very non-sellout-y2014-09-29 15:48:31
Jason Kirk - SB Nation -
- All guests and items are subject to search
- Permitted. Single-frame flash only.
- Permitted. Must be in a factory-sealed plastic bottle.
- Permitted. 5x8x5 inches max.