Michigan StadiumMichigan Wolverines
Howard King, the voice of Michigan Stadium, dies at 83
Posted May 5, 2016Brendan F. Quinn - Michigan Live ANN A...Read More...
Fan suffers heart attack in Michigan’s stadium
Posted October 19, 2015Kylee Wierks - WXIN - ANN ARBOR, MI (O...Read More...
Michigan Stadium capacity reduced to 107,601
Posted August 7, 2015Mark Snyder - Detroit Free Press - Mic...Read More...
03-27-2017 Mon Hi 60°F
03-28-2017 Tue Hi 50°F
03-29-2017 Wed Hi 45°F
03-30-2017 Thu Hi 40°F
Lo 34°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium opened in 1927 with a seating capacity of 82,000 and construction costs of $950,000. The new structure was built on land that had been home to an underground spring. The water posed a problem during construction, creating a surface that resembled quicksand. It was this moist ground that engulfed a crane which remains under the stadium today. The high water table also led to nearly three-quarters of the stadium being built below ground level. The stadium featured a natural grass playing surface and after experimenting with Artificial turf it returned to natural grass in 1991. In 2003, the popular FieldTurf playing surface was installed. In 2010, the stadium underwent $226 million worth of renovations. Renovations included new bleachers, wider aisles and seats, a new press box, and luxury boxes/club seating. In 2011, the stadium added a new scoreboard and permanent lighting.
- North and South ends of the stadium
- Outside the Stadium at Gate G
Surrounding facility - General
- Cincinnati Bearcats at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/09/2017 TBA
- Air Force Falcons at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/16/2017 TBA
- Michigan State Spartans at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 10/07/2017 TBA
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 10/28/2017 TBA
- Minnesota Golden Gophers at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 11/04/2017 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Sections 2, 4, 15-21, 25-31, 42 and 43
- By Gates 9 and 10
- Michigan Football news
- Kornacki: How Taco Charlton's NFL Stock Rose
- Kornacki: Jabrill's NFL Combine Experience
- Kornacki: Newest Wolverine Brings Joy to Harbaughs, Berman
- Lempa Tabbed for Senior Defensive Analyst Position
- Magee Named U-M Football's Director of Player Personnel
- Regents Approve Football Performance Center Inside Oosterbaan
- Reggie McKenzie: From Lead Blocker to Civic Leader
- Fourteen Wolverines Invited to 2017 NFL Scouting Combine
- Kornacki: Brady, Howard Among Those Grateful for U-M's 'Secret Weapon'
Photos of Michigan Stadium looking very non-sellout-y2014-09-29 15:48:31
Jason Kirk - SB Nation -
Michigan to lower student ticket prices2014-10-24 16:38:50
Michigan season ticket sales spike2015-07-17 16:33:53
Associated Press -
Michigan Stadium capacity reduced to 107,6012015-08-07 18:40:05
Mark Snyder - Detroit Free Press -
Fan suffers heart attack in Michigan’s stadium2015-10-19 14:13:47
Kylee Wierks - WXIN -
Howard King, the voice of Michigan Stadium, dies at 832016-05-05 14:47:51
Brendan F. Quinn - Michigan Live
- All guests and items are subject to search
- Permitted. Single-frame flash only.
- Permitted. Must be in a factory-sealed plastic bottle.
- Permitted. 5x8x5 inches max.