Michigan StadiumMichigan Wolverines
Howard King, the voice of Michigan Stadium, dies at 83
Posted May 5, 2016Brendan F. Quinn - Michigan Live ANN A...Read More...
Fan suffers heart attack in Michigan’s stadium
Posted October 19, 2015Kylee Wierks - WXIN - ANN ARBOR, MI (O...Read More...
Michigan Stadium capacity reduced to 107,601
Posted August 7, 2015Mark Snyder - Detroit Free Press - Mic...Read More...
04-29-2017 Sat Hi 52°F
04-30-2017 Sun Hi 59°F
05-01-2017 Mon Hi 63°F
05-02-2017 Tue Hi 50°F
Lo 41°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium opened in 1927 with a seating capacity of 82,000 and construction costs of $950,000. The new structure was built on land that had been home to an underground spring. The water posed a problem during construction, creating a surface that resembled quicksand. It was this moist ground that engulfed a crane which remains under the stadium today. The high water table also led to nearly three-quarters of the stadium being built below ground level. The stadium featured a natural grass playing surface and after experimenting with Artificial turf it returned to natural grass in 1991. In 2003, the popular FieldTurf playing surface was installed. In 2010, the stadium underwent $226 million worth of renovations. Renovations included new bleachers, wider aisles and seats, a new press box, and luxury boxes/club seating. In 2011, the stadium added a new scoreboard and permanent lighting.
- North and South ends of the stadium
- Outside the Stadium at Gate G
Surrounding facility - General
- 2017 Michigan Wolverines Football Season (All Home Games) Event Date Time: 09/08/2017 TBA
- Cincinnati Bearcats at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/09/2017 TBA
- Air Force Falcons at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/16/2017 TBA
- Michigan State Spartans at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 10/07/2017 TBA
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 10/28/2017 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Sections 2, 4, 15-21, 25-31, 42 and 43
- By Gates 9 and 10
- Michigan Football news
- U-M Leads All Programs in Players Picked in 2017 NFL Draft
- Rome Travel Log: Saturday, April 29
- Michigan Sets Record on Day Three of NFL Draft
- Four Wolverines Selected in Third Round of NFL Draft
- Rome Travel Log: Friday, April 28
- NFL Draft First Round: Peppers to Cleveland, Charlton to Dallas
- Rome Travel Log: Thursday, April 27
- Kornacki: Braylon Edwards Has New No. 1
- Rome Travel Log: Wednesday, April 26
Photos of Michigan Stadium looking very non-sellout-y2014-09-29 15:48:31
Jason Kirk - SB Nation -
Michigan to lower student ticket prices2014-10-24 16:38:50
Michigan season ticket sales spike2015-07-17 16:33:53
Associated Press -
Michigan Stadium capacity reduced to 107,6012015-08-07 18:40:05
Mark Snyder - Detroit Free Press -
Fan suffers heart attack in Michigan’s stadium2015-10-19 14:13:47
Kylee Wierks - WXIN -
Howard King, the voice of Michigan Stadium, dies at 832016-05-05 14:47:51
Brendan F. Quinn - Michigan Live
- All guests and items are subject to search
- Permitted. Single-frame flash only.
- Permitted. Must be in a factory-sealed plastic bottle.
- Permitted. 5x8x5 inches max.