Mercedes-Benz SuperdomeNew Orleans Saints
1500 Girod Street, New Orleans, LA, 70113
Opening in 1975, the Mercedes Benz Superdome is located on 52 acres in New Orleans and is the largest fixed dome structure anywhere in the world. Originally named Louisiana Superdome, the name was changed in 2011 when the automaker Mercedes Benz brought the naming rights for ten years. The stadiums seating capacity was the largest at 74,452 in the first three years of existence. Since then it has varied between the low of 64,900 (year 2000) and the high of 72,968 (years 2007-2010). The stadium is nicknamed the “Superdome” for its pure massive size. The stadium often makes the “short list” of venues being considered for sporting events for this reason. However in 2005 the “Superdome” gained recognition when it became shelter for over 30,000 people during Hurricane Katrina. Hurricane Katrina caused $185.4 million in damages to the stadium. The “Superdome” was closed for the 2005 football season while clean up and renovations took place. The stadium was reopened in the fall of 2006.
03-02-2015 Mon Hi 73°F
03-03-2015 Tue Hi 74°F
03-04-2015 Wed Hi 82°F
03-05-2015 Thu Hi 43°F
Lo 37°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
- 100 Level at Gates A, C and G
- 200 Level at Gates A and E
- 500 Level at Gates C and G
On-site - General
- Tulane games only.
- Monster Jam Event Date Time: 02/20/2016 7:00PM
- Essence - Now Playing Event Date Time: 07/02/2015 7:00PM
- Essence Music Festival: 3 Day Event Date Time: 07/03/2015 TBA
- 2015-16 New Orleans Saints Season (All Home Games) Event Date Time: 09/12/2015 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Throughout the concourses
- Gates A, C and G on the Plaza Level, and Gates C and G on the 500 Level
- All guests and items are subject to search
- Permitted. Must be small.
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)