Memorial StadiumKansas Jayhawks
Memorial Stadium in Lawrence, Kansas is the football home to the Big 12 Conference Jayhawks. The stadium is dedicated as a memorial to the KU students who died in World War I. Current seating capacity is 50,071.
03-26-2017 Sun Hi 64°F
03-27-2017 Mon Hi 57°F
03-28-2017 Tue Hi 59°F
03-29-2017 Wed Hi 53°F
Lo 44°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Memorial Stadium was built in 1920 funded by students, faculty, and fans. Originally the stadium had only east and west bleachers, which were expanded southward in 1925. The north bowl seating section was added in 1927 to give the stadium its horseshoe shape which it retains today. The west bleachers were expanded significantly upwards in 1963, with similar additions to the east side in 1965. A major renovation in 1978 repaired concrete and upgraded home and visiting team facilities. Permanent lights were installed in 1997 and the current infrastructure is the result of a 1998 renovation. The press box and scholarship suites saw significant improvement and expansion in 1999, and the MegaVision video board was installed in the same year. The track that rings the stadium has been resurfaced several times, most recently in 1999. The field has been artificial turf since 1970. In the summer of 2009 the old AstroPlay surface was replaced with FieldTurf.
- Southeast Missouri Redhawks at Kansas Jayhawks Event Date Time: 09/02/2017 TBA
- Central Michigan Chippewas at Kansas Jayhawks Event Date Time: 09/09/2017 TBA
- West Virginia Mountaineers at Kansas Jayhawks Event Date Time: 09/23/2017 TBA
- Texas Tech Red Raiders at Kansas Jayhawks Event Date Time: 10/07/2017 TBA
- Kansas State Wildcats at Kansas Jayhawks Event Date Time: 10/28/2017 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue