Joan C. Edwards StadiumMarshall Thundering Herd
2001 3rd Ave, Huntington, WV, 25755
The Joan C. Edwards Stadium is home to the Marshall University's NCAA football team, the Thundering Herd. The stadium opened in 1991 after just over a year of construction with initial construction costs of about $30 million. The stadium is located in Huntington, West Virginia and was previously known as Marshall University Stadium. The football field uses the very popular FieldTurf playing surface which replaced the previous OmniTurf surface (which had replaced the Astroturf). The stadium has 20 luxury suites and a current seating capacity of about 38,337 people. This is much larger than when the stadium opened with a seating capacity of 28,000 people. The facility has a large press box at the top of the grandstand and a permanent lighting system in order to accommodate night games.
09-03-2014 Wed Hi 83°F
09-04-2014 Thu Hi 89°F
09-05-2014 Fri Hi 94°F
09-06-2014 Sat Hi 78°F
Lo 62°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
- No event is scheduled here.
- Marshall Football news
- BOGACZYK: Shoebridge Legacy Woven into Herd-Rhode Island Game
- Quotes from Doc Holliday's Sept. 2 Press Conference
- Marshall Launches New Gameday Mobile Application
- BOGACZYK: Van Horn Says Herd Offense Seeks `Better'
- BOGACZYK: Johnson's Rushing Bulls Herd Past Miami, `Adversity'
- Marshall 42, Miami 27
- BOGACZYK: In Any Language, Herd's Jean-Louis Has Impressed
- Marshall, IMG and TuneIn Partner to Bring Thundering Herd Football to Fans Anywhere in World
- BOGACZYK: Cato Says Herd Attack Grows with Knowledge of System
- All guests are subject to search
- Still cameras permitted
- Small bags only, backpacks are prohibited
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)