Joan C. Edwards StadiumMarshall Thundering Herd
2001 3rd Ave, Huntington, WV, 25755
The Joan C. Edwards Stadium is home to the Marshall University's NCAA football team, the Thundering Herd. The stadium opened in 1991 after just over a year of construction with initial construction costs of about $30 million. The stadium is located in Huntington, West Virginia and was previously known as Marshall University Stadium. The football field uses the very popular FieldTurf playing surface which replaced the previous OmniTurf surface (which had replaced the Astroturf). The stadium has 20 luxury suites and a current seating capacity of about 38,337 people. This is much larger than when the stadium opened with a seating capacity of 28,000 people. The facility has a large press box at the top of the grandstand and a permanent lighting system in order to accommodate night games.
07-31-2014 Thu Hi 82°F
08-01-2014 Fri Hi 80°F
08-02-2014 Sat Hi 80°F
08-03-2014 Sun Hi 88°F
Lo 61°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
- No event is scheduled here.
- Marshall Football news
- Marshall Football Announces Open Portion of August Camp Schedule
- Herd's Cato Named to Johnny Unitas Award List
- Marshall Launches Heisman Campaign for Rakeem Cato
- BOGACZYK: Holliday Says Herd Ready to Tackle Expectations
- BOGACZYK: Herd's Holmes Loses More than His Hair
- Herd Featured Prominently In College Sports Madness Preseason All-League Honors, Teams
- Herd Readies for Conference USA Media Day
- BOGACZYK: C-USA Tiebreaker Gets Change for 2014
- BOGACZYK: Herd's Cato `Wanted to Be Great at This Game'
- All guests are subject to search
- Still cameras permitted
- Small bags only, backpacks are prohibited
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)