Joan C. Edwards StadiumMarshall Thundering Herd
2001 3rd Ave, Huntington, WV, 25755
The Joan C. Edwards Stadium is home to the Marshall University's NCAA football team, the Thundering Herd. The stadium opened in 1991 after just over a year of construction with initial construction costs of about $30 million. The stadium is located in Huntington, West Virginia and was previously known as Marshall University Stadium. The football field uses the very popular FieldTurf playing surface which replaced the previous OmniTurf surface (which had replaced the Astroturf). The stadium has 20 luxury suites and a current seating capacity of about 38,337 people. This is much larger than when the stadium opened with a seating capacity of 28,000 people. The facility has a large press box at the top of the grandstand and a permanent lighting system in order to accommodate night games.
03-01-2015 Sun Hi 41°F
03-02-2015 Mon Hi 36°F
03-03-2015 Tue Hi 53°F
03-04-2015 Wed Hi 47°F
Lo 19°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
- No event is scheduled here.
- Marshall Football news
- Conference USA Moves Marshall-Purdue Game to Sunday for National TV
- Goebbel Named Marshall Tight Ends Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
- BOGACZYK: C-USA Computer Smiles at the Herd
- Marshall Football Announces 2015 Recruiting Class
- BOGACZYK: Holliday, Staff Make Another `Top 25'
- BOGACZYK: Litton Finds Brother's Success an Inspiration
- Marshall Welcomes Purdue to Open 2015 Football Schedule
- Cato Wins Hardman Award Again
- BOGACZYK: C-USA `Bowls' to No. 2 in Computers
- All guests are subject to search
- Still cameras permitted
- Small bags only, backpacks are prohibited
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)