Joan C. Edwards StadiumMarshall Thundering Herd
2001 3rd Ave, Huntington, WV, 25755
The Joan C. Edwards Stadium is home to the Marshall University's NCAA football team, the Thundering Herd. The stadium opened in 1991 after just over a year of construction with initial construction costs of about $30 million. The stadium is located in Huntington, West Virginia and was previously known as Marshall University Stadium. The football field uses the very popular FieldTurf playing surface which replaced the previous OmniTurf surface (which had replaced the Astroturf). The stadium has 20 luxury suites and a current seating capacity of about 38,337 people. This is much larger than when the stadium opened with a seating capacity of 28,000 people. The facility has a large press box at the top of the grandstand and a permanent lighting system in order to accommodate night games.
07-24-2014 Thu Hi 78°F
07-25-2014 Fri Hi 82°F
07-26-2014 Sat Hi 93°F
07-27-2014 Sun Hi 79°F
Lo 67°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
- No event is scheduled here.
- Marshall Football news
- Herd Readies for Conference USA Media Day
- BOGACZYK: C-USA Tiebreaker Gets Change for 2014
- BOGACZYK: Herd's Cato `Wanted to Be Great at This Game'
- BOGACZYK: Barclay's Backs `Unique,' but Still Building Blocks
- BOGACZYK: More than Scott's Heart Still with the Seahawks
- Marshall's Cato Named to Walter Camp Award Watch List
- Sinclair Broadcasting Group to Carry Thundering Herd Football
- BOGACZYK: Furrey's Herd Catchers Are Getting His Pitch
- Marshall's Cato Named to Davey O'Brien Watch List
- All guests are subject to search
- Still cameras permitted
- Small bags only, backpacks are prohibited
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)