Humphrey ColiseumMississippi State Bulldogs
Humphrey Coliseum is a 10,575-seat multi-purpose arena in Starkville, Mississippi, that opened for the 1975-76 basketball season. Nicknamed The Hump, it is home to the Mississippi State University Bulldogs men's and women's basketball teams. It is the largest on-campus basketball arena in the state of Mississippi. The building is the equivalent of seven stories high and is in the shape of an oval 318' long by 268' wide. The outside is marked by regular concrete columns and Mississippi red brick siding, and the school seal adorns the front of the building. In 2004, a center hung scoreboard was provided by the Henry Mize Foundation. The scoreboard features four sides, each with a video screen. In addition to basketball, the arena is a popular venue for concerts, graduation ceremonies, and other events.
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
"The Hump" features a large "Mississippi State" wordmark adorning the middle of the court. The court is rimmed in maroon with "The Hump" written at each corner. The lanes under the goals have the letters "SEC" spelled out in maroon. The building contains two tiers. Though the seating at Humphrey Coliseum is 10,500, the crowd has surpassed capacity 3 times (10,735 vs Mississippi 2/7/04, 10,645 vs Mississippi 2-23-02, 10,541 vs Florida 1/7/03). In 2000, a catwalk was completed which connects Humphrey Coliseum to Dudy Noble Field, Polk-DeMent Stadium, the Bulldogs' baseball stadium. It was named for George Duke Humphrey, former president of Mississippi State. It replaced McCarthy Gymnasium, which was built in 1950 and has since been converted to an indoor tennis center.
- No event is scheduled here.
- Bulldogs To Play South Florida In SEC/AAC Challenge
- Summer Ball Q&A: Junior Outfielder Reid Humphreys
- MSU Opens Howland Era At Home Versus Eastern Washington
- Summer Ball Q&A: Junior RHP Zac Houston
- Dak Prescott Named To Manning Award Watch List