In efforts to revitalize the Miami area after Hurricane Andrew in 1992, the construction of the Homestead-Miami Speedway began and the grand opening ceremonies took place just three years later in 1995. Located in Homestead, Florida on 600 acres of land, this 1.5 mile oval speedway is home to NASCAR events such as the Ford Ecoboost 400, Sprint Cup Series, the Nationwide Series, the Camping World Truck Series, and the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series. With seating capacity for 65,000 spectators, there are also parking spaces for 30,000 vehicles and 1,300 spaces for RV parking. An unintended bonus of the tropical venue is the 1,005 palm trees of 15 different varieties that surround the speedway.
- Homestead-Miami Speedway
1 Speedway Blvd Homestead, FL 33035
Call at (305) 230-5000
- International Speedway Corporati
- Metro-Dade Homestead Motorsports
- Located behind Section 215
Surrounding facility - General
- Throughout facility
- Lobby of the Administrative Building
- All items are subject to search
- Permitted. Must be soft-sided. 6x6x12 inches max.
- Permitted. Must be factory-sealed.
- Prohibited in the Grandstands.
- Permitted. Must be 6x6x12 inches max.
- Permitted. One clear plastic bag per person. 18x18x4 inches max.