Gill ColiseumOregon State Beavers
Gill Coliseum is a 9,604-seat multi-purpose arena located on the campus of Oregon State University in Corvallis, Oregon. Opened in 1949, the arena is home to the Oregon State Beavers' basketball, wrestling, volleyball, and gymnastics teams. It is named after famed basketball coach Amory T. "Slats" Gill who compiled a 599-392 record in 36 seasons. The court is named after another famed OSU coach, Ralph Miller, who led the men's basketball program from 1971 to 1989. The building also houses a weight room, equipment center, locker rooms, and offices for the Oregon State University athletic department and its teams. Inside, on the south wall of Gill Coliseum is a painted mural of many former Oregon State men's basketball players including Gary Payton, Brent Barry, AC Green, and Steve Johnson.
09-30-2014 Tue Hi 70°F
10-01-2014 Wed Hi 70°F
10-02-2014 Thu Hi 77°F
10-03-2014 Fri Hi 85°F
Lo 53°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Prior to Gill, the Men's Gymnasium was used to host intercollegiate basketball games. That building is the current Langton Hall. Gill Coliseum opened in 1949 and now has a sports medicine center, located on the lower level of the coliseum, that provides injury prevention and rehabilitation services. The center includes cardiovascular equipment and improved training facilities. Part of a $7 million renovation of the arena, other projects include making Gill compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act and painting the exterior. During the summer of 2009 the outside was sandblasted prior to applying the new paint and new windows were added on the East and West sides.
- No event is scheduled here.