George M. Steinbrenner FieldTampa Yankees
1 Steinbrenner Dr, Tampa, FL, 33614
George M. Steinbreener Field is the spring training location for the New York Yankees. The stadium opened in 1996 with initial construction costs of $30 million. It features a natural grass playing surface and has a seating capacity of 11,000. Minor League Yankee's team the Tampa Yankees also calls the stadium their home. The stadium was previously known as Legends field until 2008. Renovations took place in 2006 which added seats and facilities behind right field costing $7.5 million. The stadium was built with field dimensions that were to mimic the old Yankee stadium for training purposes for the Yankees. The stadium opened with luxury suites and plaques honoring retired Yankee numbers. Barack Obama spoke at George M. Steinbrenner Field in 2008 for his presidential campaign.
07-28-2014 Mon Hi 92°F
07-29-2014 Tue Hi 92°F
07-30-2014 Wed Hi 95°F
07-31-2014 Thu Hi 95°F
Lo 77°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Adjacent to facility - New York Yan
- $10.00/$8.00 with season pass
Adjacent to facility - Tampa Yankee
- No event is scheduled here.
- Throughout facility
- Behind Home Plate
- Severino jumps to No. 1 on Yankees' updated Top 20
- Yanks eye further upgrades as Deadline looms
- Torre's Hall speech: Game 'part of the American soul'
- Yankees lose battle of bullpens in finale vs. Jays
- Teixeira takes step toward return to action
- Yanks looking to continue playoff push in Texas
- On Hall's doorstep, Torre at peace with Bronx run
- Yanks' home winning streak against Blue Jays ends
- Girardi reflects on trio of Hall of Fame managers
- Capuano 'excited' to be in Yankees' rotation
- Permitted. 16x16x8 inches max.
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)