George M. Steinbrenner FieldNew York Yankees Spring Training
1 Steinbrenner Dr, Tampa, FL, 33614
George M. Steinbreener Field is the spring training location for the New York Yankees. The stadium opened in 1996 with initial construction costs of $30 million. It features a natural grass playing surface and has a seating capacity of 11,000. Minor League Yankee's team the Tampa Yankees also calls the stadium their home. The stadium was previously known as Legends field until 2008. Renovations took place in 2006 which added seats and facilities behind right field costing $7.5 million. The stadium was built with field dimensions that were to mimic the old Yankee stadium for training purposes for the Yankees. The stadium opened with luxury suites and plaques honoring retired Yankee numbers. Barack Obama spoke at George M. Steinbrenner Field in 2008 for his presidential campaign.
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Adjacent to facility - New York Yan
- $10.00/$8.00 with season pass
Adjacent to facility - Tampa Yankee
- No event is scheduled here.
- Throughout facility
- Behind Home Plate
- Miller to pitch in rehab game, be re-evaluated
- Everything working for Pineda in 10-K start
- Error hands Yankees 2nd straight walk-off win
- McCann seals Yanks' 1st walk-off of 2015
- Tanaka takes step forward in latest start
- Yanks rally on McCann's walk-off HR in 12th
- Fan presents 3,000th hit ball to A-Rod
- Sabathia pushed back, to start Wednesday
- Left oblique strain lands Beltran on DL
- Yanks, A-Rod resolve statistical bonus matter
- Permitted. 16x16x8 inches max.
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)