George M. Steinbrenner FieldTampa Yankees
1 Steinbrenner Dr, Tampa, FL, 33614
George M. Steinbreener Field is the spring training location for the New York Yankees. The stadium opened in 1996 with initial construction costs of $30 million. It features a natural grass playing surface and has a seating capacity of 11,000. Minor League Yankee's team the Tampa Yankees also calls the stadium their home. The stadium was previously known as Legends field until 2008. Renovations took place in 2006 which added seats and facilities behind right field costing $7.5 million. The stadium was built with field dimensions that were to mimic the old Yankee stadium for training purposes for the Yankees. The stadium opened with luxury suites and plaques honoring retired Yankee numbers. Barack Obama spoke at George M. Steinbrenner Field in 2008 for his presidential campaign.
04-16-2014 Wed Hi 74°F
04-17-2014 Thu Hi 79°F
04-18-2014 Fri Hi 77°F
04-19-2014 Sat Hi 78°F
Lo 61°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Adjacent to facility - New York Yan
- $10.00/$8.00 with season pass
Adjacent to facility - Tampa Yankee
- No event is scheduled here.
- Throughout facility
- Behind Home Plate
- Main character? Pineda writing riveting script
- Yanks call up reinforcements for day-night twin bill
- Steinbrenner: Yanks not in the market for infielder
- Cubs-Yankees rained out, to play two today
- Beltran collects AL Player of the Week honors
- Once a question, Yankees' rotation a comfort
- Cervelli to DL with strained right hamstring
- First impression: Beltran steps up in big way
- Roberts has MRI on back, to be reevaluated by Yanks
- DL stint likely for Cervelli; McCann says he's 'fine'
- Permitted. 16x16x8 inches max.
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)