George M. Steinbrenner FieldNew York Yankees Spring Training
1 Steinbrenner Dr, Tampa, FL, 33614
George M. Steinbreener Field is the spring training location for the New York Yankees. The stadium opened in 1996 with initial construction costs of $30 million. It features a natural grass playing surface and has a seating capacity of 11,000. Minor League Yankee's team the Tampa Yankees also calls the stadium their home. The stadium was previously known as Legends field until 2008. Renovations took place in 2006 which added seats and facilities behind right field costing $7.5 million. The stadium was built with field dimensions that were to mimic the old Yankee stadium for training purposes for the Yankees. The stadium opened with luxury suites and plaques honoring retired Yankee numbers. Barack Obama spoke at George M. Steinbrenner Field in 2008 for his presidential campaign.
01-28-2015 Wed Hi 61°F
01-29-2015 Thu Hi 71°F
01-30-2015 Fri Hi 71°F
01-31-2015 Sat Hi 74°F
Lo 61°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Adjacent to facility - New York Yan
- $10.00/$8.00 with season pass
Adjacent to facility - Tampa Yankee
- No event is scheduled here.
- Throughout facility
- Behind Home Plate
- Carpenter excited to don pinstripes
- Inbox: Do Yanks have pieces to contend in 2015?
- 2015 Prospect Watch: Top 10 second basemen
- A-Rod has meeting with incoming Commissioner
- Yankees will make television return to PIX11
- 2015 Prospect Watch: Top 10 first basemen
- Eovaldi aiming to build repertoire with Yanks
- Return of A-Rod's salary limits Yankees' moves
- Sterling loses Series rings in apartment complex fire
- Hot start for McCann key for Yankees in 2015
- Permitted. 16x16x8 inches max.
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)