Citi FieldNew York Mets
Citi Field is located in New York City. The Mets have called Citi Field home stadium since 2009. Citi Field was built as a replacement for the Mets former home stadium of 44 years – Shea Stadium which opened in 1964. The Mets started looking into replacing Shea Stadium in the 1990s. In 2006 the Mets revealed plans for a new open air stadium and four months later construction was underway. The stadium was finished three years later and opened for its first regular season game in April 2009. The stadium features natural grass as its playing surface and has the seating capacity of 41,922. In 2006 Citigroup Inc. purchased the naming rights for 20 years and announced that the stadium would be called Citi Field. The deal has an option included that allows the contract to be extended by either side to 40 years.
08-20-2014 Wed Hi 65°F
08-21-2014 Thu Hi 70°F
08-22-2014 Fri Hi 64°F
08-23-2014 Sat Hi 63°F
Lo 58°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
- Plaza Street Level
- Field Level
- Empire Level
- Excelsior Level
Adjacent to facility - General
- No open flames. No alcohol.
- test: 234
- No event is scheduled here.
- Wheeler looks to continue impressive run facing A's
- Gee's rough fourth inning costly in loss to A's
- deGrom throws to hitters, intends to start Saturday
- Collins tinkers with lineup, bats Lagares leadoff
- If something's wrong with Wright, Mets can relax
- Colon scratched, heading to bereavement list
- Mets' offense sputters in Torres' fine spot start
- Wright gets treatment on ailing shoulder
- Mejia gives up late homer as Mets fall to Cubs
- Dice-K to make another rehab start
- All items are subject to search.
Browse Fan Reviews
Phone no: (718) 651-2100
The Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport at Citi Field is easily accessible to Manhattan by taxi and is within walking distance to the #7 train that transports you to Grand Central Station and Times Square. Queens County buses and the Long Island Rail Road are also nearby. We are ideally located near major Interstates and Local Highways on the East Bound side of the Grand Central Parkway facing Citi Field.
In 2009, Shake Shack opened its windows at Citi Field, home of the New York Mets. Located in the outfield concourse and accessible to all ticket holders, Shake Shack is serving up its famous burgers, dogs and shakes to legions of Mets fans every home game. Ballpark eats have never been this good.
Phone no: (718) 651-2220
Home For True Mets Fans
Phone no: (718) 898-1200
The Worlds Fair Marina is located on a site which has a very storied past. It was originally built as an observation deck for the 1964 Worlds Fair. Over the years it has been a French Bistro, a disco, and restaurants. It has been the site for many memorable moments in the past. Now as the Worlds FairMarina we are here to create decades of special moments.