CenturyLink CenterCreighton Bluejays
Fans sue for being duped over beer at CenturyLink Arena, Idaho
Posted March 13, 2014Read More...
04-24-2014 Thu Hi 66°F
04-25-2014 Fri Hi 80°F
04-26-2014 Sat Hi 83°F
04-27-2014 Sun Hi 82°F
Lo 62°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
In 2000, Omaha voters approved a $216 million bond issue to build a new convention center and arena; the remainder of the $291 million project was provided by private organizations and individuals. The facility design was led by architectural firm DLR Group. Naming rights to the arena were purchased by Qwest. Qwest Center Omaha opened in September 2003 with an initial seating capacity of 17,000 for concerts, 15,500 for basketball, and 14,700 for hockey. In 2006, a $5.7-million expansion of the arena increased capacity by approximately 1,500 seats. The Qwest Center displaced the 1954 Omaha Civic Auditorium as the premier indoor arena in the city. The venerable Ak-Sar-Ben Coliseum was closed in 2002 and was demolished in 2005. The arena hosted games in the first and second rounds of the 2008 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament, the 2010 NCAA Men's Division I Wrestling Championships, and the 2012 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament. It was also home to the WWE Judgment Day 2008 pay-per-view, as well as other events from WWE. The 2008 USA Swimming Summer Olympic Trials were hosted over eight days at the Qwest Center and on June 29, 2009 it was announced the trials would return again in 2012. The 2008 event averaged more than 12,000 spectators each night. A portion of the roof, "The Hat", was damaged by a storm on June 27, 2008. There was no structural damage, but the damage caused water to pour into parts of the Qwest Center, flowed down two sets of arena steps and onto the deck of the competition pool for the USA Swimming Summer Olympic Trials. The schedule for the trials went on as scheduled. In 2011 it was announced the name would be changed to CenturyLink Center Omaha.
- Behind Sections 109 and 126
Lots A-G adjacent to the facilit - General
Connected to the facility - Parking Garage
- NCAA Mens Tournament - Omaha - Session 1 Event Date Time: 03/20/2015 12:00PM
- NCAA Mens Tournament - Omaha - Session 2 Event Date Time: 03/20/2015 6:00PM
- NCAA Mens Tournament - Omaha - All Sessions Event Date Time: 03/20/2015 TBA
- NCAA Mens Tournament - Omaha - Session 3 Event Date Time: 03/22/2015 12:00PM
- Rascal Flatts Event Date Time: 04/26/2014 8:00PM
See all upcoming event at this venue
Standard & Specialty Concessions
- Throughout the facility
- Main Level behind Section 116
- Baseball Battles Butler in BIG EAST Series
- Women's Tennis Falls 4-1 to Butler at BIG EAST Tennis Championship
- Baseball Cancelled vs. Iowa
- Softball Game against No. 19 Nebraska Cancelled Tonight
- Maverick Baseball Tops Bluejays, 4-1
Fans sue for being duped over beer at CenturyLink Arena, Idaho2014-03-13 16:44:02Read More...
- Outside at Sections 110 and 114 only.
- Varies per event
Browse Fan Reviews» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)