Carver-Hawkeye ArenaIowa Hawkeyes
1 Elliot Drive, Iowa City, IA, 52242
Carver-Hawkeye Arena is home to the University of Iowa's NCAA basketball team as well as the wrestling, volleyball and gymnastics teams, the Hawkeyes. The stadium opened in 1983 with construction costs of $18.4 million and an initial seating capacity of 15,500 which has been reduced to 15,400. The court is dug into the ground with 42 rows rising from court side. Carver-Hawkeye has no center court scoreboard. Instead, there are large scoreboards at each end of the arena. The concourse circles at the top of the seating bowl produce a feeling of openness that is not found at any other Big Ten arena. The stadium is located in Iowa City, Iowa and was renovated in 2009. The arena replaced the previous basketball and wrestling arena, the Iowa Field House.
09-03-2014 Wed Hi 87°F
09-04-2014 Thu Hi 92°F
09-05-2014 Fri Hi 78°F
09-06-2014 Sat Hi 76°F
Lo 53°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
- No event is scheduled here.
- Indiana Men's Basketball news
- Men's Basketball Announces 2014-15 Non-Conference Schedule
- Emmitt Holt Joins IU Basketball Program
- IU Announces 2014-15 Big Ten Men's Basketball Schedule; Non-Conference, Final Times and TV Designations Coming Soon
- Crean, Leonard, Oladipo and Zeller Talk IU Basketball
- Former Hoosier stars join Tom Crean in Indianapolis
- What You Learned About Your Teammates in Canada?
- Crean praises Burton, Bedford (Courtesy of Bedford Times Mail)
- ESPN.com Praises Crean Recruitment, Development of Oladipo
- Crossroads Classic Extended Through 2019 Season
- All items are subject to search
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)