Carter-Finley StadiumNorth Carolina State Wolfpack
Carter-Finley Stadium is an outdoor stadium that is home to the North Carolina State University Wolfpack football team. It is located west of the main campus and has a seating capacity of well over 50,000 people.
10-25-2014 Sat Hi 73°F
10-26-2014 Sun Hi 72°F
10-27-2014 Mon Hi 73°F
10-28-2014 Tue Hi 78°F
Lo 60°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Built in 1966 for a cost of $3.2 million, Carter Stadium, as it was then called, replaced Riddick Stadium as the home for the North Carolina State Wolfpack football games. The stadium was named in honor of N.C. State alumni and stadium donors Harry Carter and Wilbert Carter. Later, the name of Albert Finley, who was another major donor, was added to the stadium name. The stadium was dedicated on October 8, 1966, with a 31-21 loss to South Carolina. Carter Finley Stadium had a seating capacity of 44,000 from its opening until 2001, when a modernization and renovation project was launched. From 2001-2005, new seats in the south end zone, luxury boxes, club seats and a new press box were added at the stadium, bringing the seating capacity to about 50,000. An addition to the north end zone grandstand brought this total to its current 57,583. In addition to the Wolfpack, Carter Finley Stadium was the home of the Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks of the now-defunct World League of American Football in 1991. The stadium is also a frequent host to rock concerts and other events.
- Gates 2 and 9
- North endzone concourse
Adjacent to facility - Reserved
- Must have a pass
- No kegs.
- No event is scheduled here.
- NC State Football news
- Senior Spotlight: OL Ali Kassem
- Four Wolfpack Football Contests with Notre Dame Scheduled
- #PackPros: Week 7 NFL Update
- Syracuse Gametime Set for 3 p.m. on Nov. 1
- The Dave Doeren Show - October 19
- Shorthanded Pack Falls at Louisville
- Pack to Contend with Louisville's Top-ranked Defense
- Thursday Football Notebook
- Senior Spotlight: OT Andy Jomantas
- All guests and items are subject to search
- On the concourse areas only.
- Permitted. No video.
- Permitted. Must be small.