Carter-Finley StadiumNorth Carolina State Wolfpack
Carter-Finley Stadium is an outdoor stadium that is home to the North Carolina State University Wolfpack football team. It is located west of the main campus and has a seating capacity of well over 50,000 people.
08-01-2014 Fri Hi 74°F
08-02-2014 Sat Hi 78°F
08-03-2014 Sun Hi 85°F
08-04-2014 Mon Hi 83°F
Lo 70°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Built in 1966 for a cost of $3.2 million, Carter Stadium, as it was then called, replaced Riddick Stadium as the home for the North Carolina State Wolfpack football games. The stadium was named in honor of N.C. State alumni and stadium donors Harry Carter and Wilbert Carter. Later, the name of Albert Finley, who was another major donor, was added to the stadium name. The stadium was dedicated on October 8, 1966, with a 31-21 loss to South Carolina. Carter Finley Stadium had a seating capacity of 44,000 from its opening until 2001, when a modernization and renovation project was launched. From 2001-2005, new seats in the south end zone, luxury boxes, club seats and a new press box were added at the stadium, bringing the seating capacity to about 50,000. An addition to the north end zone grandstand brought this total to its current 57,583. In addition to the Wolfpack, Carter Finley Stadium was the home of the Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks of the now-defunct World League of American Football in 1991. The stadium is also a frequent host to rock concerts and other events.
- Gates 2 and 9
- North endzone concourse
Adjacent to facility - Reserved
- Must have a pass
- No kegs.
- No event is scheduled here.
- NC State Football news
- Coach Doeren at the ACC/ESPN Car Wash
- Coach Doeren Spending the Day at ESPN Studios
- In the Red Zone: Coach Kitchings
- Annual Meet the Pack Day Scheduled for Aug. 10
- @PackFootball Coaches 1st & 10: Worst Job
- Wolfpack Football to Play Home and Home Series with West Virginia
- Doeren Goes Through Media Gauntlet at #ACCKickoff
- Creecy & Norman Represent Pack at #ACCKickoff
- Pack Football to Host Fourth "Lift for Life"
- All guests and items are subject to search
- On the concourse areas only.
- Permitted. No video.
- Permitted. Must be small.