Boone Pickens StadiumOklahoma State Cowboys
Boone Pickens Stadium (previously known as Lewis Field) has been home to the Oklahoma State University Cowboys football team since 1920. The facility is the oldest football stadium in the Big 12 Conference but was left largely neglected and enjoyed only modest renovations throughout its near-century of existence. With the resurgence of Cowboy football sparked by the 2001 victory over the Oklahoma Sooners in the annual Bedlam Series game and the subsequent 2002 Houston Bowl season, interest grew for a major overhaul of Lewis Field. An ambitious fund-raising project for the renovation dubbed "The Next Level" became the flagship effort of the Oklahoma State athletic department. Officially the capacity is 60,218 but that includes some of the unfinished unsold suites in the west end zone.
11-01-2014 Sat Hi 55°F
11-02-2014 Sun Hi 64°F
11-03-2014 Mon Hi 62°F
11-04-2014 Tue Hi 62°F
Lo 45°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Oklahoma State, then known as Oklahoma A&M, first began playing at the current site of Pickens Stadium in 1913. Originally known simply as "Athletic Field, it was renamed Lewis Field in 1914 after Laymon Lowery Lewis, a former dean of veterinary medicine and of science and literature and one of the most popular figures in the school’s history. The stadium originally was positioned in the traditional north-south direction, but was reoriented east-west to avoid the strong prevailing winds. It remains one of a handful of major stadiums in the United States with end zones at the east and west ends. Because of this, the sun becomes an advantage to the team defending the west end zone during sunny afternoon games, because the team defending the east goal has to look directly into the bright sunlight. Lewis Field was officially renamed Boone Pickens Stadium during a halftime ceremony in 2003. The stadium’s name was changed to honor OSU alumnus T. Boone Pickens, a Texas oilman and entrepreneur who founded Mesa Petroleum Company.
- By the escalators (north and south plaza level).
Lot #81 - General Parking
- East of the Physical Plant
- Event Date Time:
- Event Date Time:
- Boone Pickens Stadium Event Date Time:
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Throughout stadium at Plaza and Mezzanine Levels.
OSU Authentic Retail Store
- South side of facility
- Oklahoma State Football news
- Inside The Numbers - OSU vs. Kansas State
- Social Scene - October 30
- Cowboy Q&A With Brandon Sheperd
- Cowboys in the NFL, Week Eight
- Smith Named Ray Guy Award Player of the Week
- Gundy, Cowboys Preview Kansas State
- Game Notes - Oklahoma State at No. 11 Kansas State
- The Sunday Wrap - West Virginia
- Oklahoma State vs. West Virginia Postgame Quotes
- All guests and belongings may be subject to search.
- No tobacco products allowed on university property.
- Permitted. No video. For personal-use only.
- Permitted. 8 inch x 11 inch max.