Bobby Dodd Stadium at Grant FieldGIT Yellow Jackets
Known simply as Grant Field until 1988, the stadium itself was named for the legendary coach Bobby Dodd. Located on the east side of campus, the stadium provides a unique fan experience with Atlanta's skyscrapers in the backdrop of games.
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets have played their home football games at the site of Bobby Dodd Stadium since 1905, making it the oldest on-campus football venue in the Division I Football Bowl Subdivision. In 1913, grandstands were built on the west side of the stadium. Most of the $15,000 needed for the project were donated by John W. Grant, and the field was named for his son Hugh Inman Grant. The stadium was undergone many renovations since the original 5,600 seat stadium was built. In 1925, additional seating was added to give the stadium a horseshoe shape and a capacity of 30,000. In 1947, this was increased to 44,000. Further additions in 1958, 1962, and 1968 brought this total to 58,121. In 1985, several thousand seats on the south side of the stadium were removed when the William C. Wardlow Center was installed. After this project, the seating capacity was reduced to 43,719. In 2001, a major renovation and expansion project was launched. The seating capacity was increased to its current 55,000, and several other amenities were added or improved. In 2009, a new scoreboard and sound system was installed in the stadium. The stadium occasionally hosted the NFL's Atlanta Falcons in the late 60s and early 70s when they had a conflict with fellow Fulton County Stadium tenant Atlanta Braves. The stadium also hosted the Atlanta Apollos of the North American Soccer League in 1973, the Atlanta Beat of the Women's United Soccer Association in 2001, and the NCAA Peach Bowl from 1968-1970.
Adjacent to facility - General
Adjacent to facility - RV
- No event is scheduled here.
- Georgia Tech Football news
- #TGW: Breaking Down The Jackets Heading Into Spring Practice
- #TGW: Thomas, Jackets Make an Impression on Pro Day
- Georgia Tech Football Holds Annual Pro Day
- #TGW: Burden's Pursuit of NFL Dream Continues on Pro Day
- Moore Joins Georgia Tech Football's Player Personnel Staff
- #TGW: Off on the Right Foot
- Georgia Tech Announces 2017 Football Promotional Dates
- #TGW: Bobby Dodd is Ready for Futbol
- Butker Invited to NFL Combine