BB&T FieldWake Forest Demon Deacons
BB&T Field is home to Wake Forest University Demon Deacon football. With a capacity just over 30,000 people, it is the smallest football stadium in the Atlantic Coast Conference. It features a FieldTurf playing surface and two bowed grandstands.
10-05-2015 Mon Hi 68°F
10-06-2015 Tue Hi 75°F
10-07-2015 Wed Hi 78°F
10-08-2015 Thu Hi 74°F
Lo 60°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
After Wake Forest University moved its campus to Winston-Salem in 1956, the football team played most of its home games at nearby Bowman Gray Stadium. However, it was soon clear that they would need a larger venue, and a fund-raising campaign was underway that culminated with the completion of the $4 million Groves Stadium, as it was originally known. Named in honor of donors Henry and Earl Groves, the stadium’s seating capacity has remained constant at about 31,500 throughout its history. It was dedicated on September 14, 1968 with a 10-6 loss to N.C. State. A six-phase renovation plan for the stadium was launched in 2005. That year, the brick façade on the stadium was re-faced. In 2006, FieldTurf was installed at the stadium. Phase three of the renovation took place from 2007 to 2008, when the seven-story Deacon Tower was completed. This addition contains luxury boxes, club seats, and a new press box. In 2009, the bathroom and concession areas were re-modeled. The fifth and sixth phases of the renovation include plans for new locker rooms, seating, and end zone suites, along with a new tailgating area outside the stadium. The stadium was renamed BB&T Field in 2007, when a ten year naming-rights deal with the bank was announced.
LJVM Coliseum Parking Lots - R.V. Parking
- Grassy areas, curbs, or area behind your vehicle only.
- Adjacent to Facility
- No event is scheduled here.
- Wake Forest Football news
- Serigne Named ACC Receiver of the Week
- Wake Forest at North Carolina to kick at 7 pm
- Postgame Quotes
- No. 9 Florida State Escapes Wake Forest 24-16
- WATCH: 2015 Football Intro Video
- Gameday Central: Wake Forest vs. No. 11/9 Florida State
- Wake Forest - Florida State on Schedule for Saturday
- Homer Brookshire Receives 2015 Pete Moffitt Courage Award
- Deacs in the NFL: Week 3
- All items subject to search.
- Permitted. Lense must be less than 6 inches.
- Prohibited. Handicap Only.
- Probited. No Glass.
- Permitted. Bags must be no larger than 1 foot x 1 foot x 1 foot.