BB&T FieldWake Forest Demon Deacons
BB&T Field is home to Wake Forest University Demon Deacon football. With a capacity just over 30,000 people, it is the smallest football stadium in the Atlantic Coast Conference. It features a FieldTurf playing surface and two bowed grandstands.
01-30-2015 Fri Hi 39°F
01-31-2015 Sat Hi 47°F
02-01-2015 Sun Hi 46°F
02-02-2015 Mon Hi 40°F
Lo 21°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
After Wake Forest University moved its campus to Winston-Salem in 1956, the football team played most of its home games at nearby Bowman Gray Stadium. However, it was soon clear that they would need a larger venue, and a fund-raising campaign was underway that culminated with the completion of the $4 million Groves Stadium, as it was originally known. Named in honor of donors Henry and Earl Groves, the stadium’s seating capacity has remained constant at about 31,500 throughout its history. It was dedicated on September 14, 1968 with a 10-6 loss to N.C. State. A six-phase renovation plan for the stadium was launched in 2005. That year, the brick façade on the stadium was re-faced. In 2006, FieldTurf was installed at the stadium. Phase three of the renovation took place from 2007 to 2008, when the seven-story Deacon Tower was completed. This addition contains luxury boxes, club seats, and a new press box. In 2009, the bathroom and concession areas were re-modeled. The fifth and sixth phases of the renovation include plans for new locker rooms, seating, and end zone suites, along with a new tailgating area outside the stadium. The stadium was renamed BB&T Field in 2007, when a ten year naming-rights deal with the bank was announced.
LJVM Coliseum Parking Lots - R.V. Parking
- Grassy areas, curbs, or area behind your vehicle only.
- Adjacent to Facility
- No event is scheduled here.
- Wake Forest Football news
- Wake Forest Announces 2015 Football Schedule
- Wake Forest to Hold Football Recruiting Reception
- Wake Forest, North Carolina Schedule Football Series
- Wake Forest Adds Four Mid-Year Enrollees
- Deacons in the NFL: Playoffs Opening Round
- Noel, Allen Set to Compete in Medal of Honor Bowl
- Deacons in the NFL: Week 17
- VIDEO: Kevin Johnson Highlights
- Deacons in the NFL: Week 16
- All items subject to search.
- Permitted. Lense must be less than 6 inches.
- Prohibited. Handicap Only.
- Probited. No Glass.
- Permitted. Bags must be no larger than 1 foot x 1 foot x 1 foot.