Amon G. Carter StadiumTCU Horned Frogs
Amon G. Carter Stadium is located in Fort Worth Texas. It is a football stadium on the campus of Texas Christian University and is home to the TCU Horned Frogs. Amon G. Carter Stadium is owned and operated by Texas Christian University.
08-21-2014 Thu Hi 100°F
08-22-2014 Fri Hi 99°F
08-23-2014 Sat Hi 100°F
08-24-2014 Sun Hi 100°F
Lo 79°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Construction began on Amon G. Carter Stadium in 1929 and was completed by October 1930. The stadium is named after a prominent Fort Worth business and generous donor, Amon G. Carter. Amon G. Carter Stadium has a couple of nicknames which are “The Carter” and “Hell’s Half-Acre” (referring to the sites wild west past). The stadium’s original playing surface was natural grass (1930-1972). In 1973 the grass was replaced with AstroTurf (1973-1991). In 1992 the AstroTurf was torn out and the surface was converted back to natural grass. In 2002 a new score board and video board were installed and in 2008 luxury suites and club seats was added raising capacity to 44,358. In December 2010 reconstruction started on the west stands and on the north end zone. Work was completed prior to the 2012 season.
East side of campus - General
- Lot 7
- No event is scheduled here.
- Throughout concourse level
- TCU Football news
- 2014 Preview: Special Teams a Strength for TCU
- Boykin on Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award Watch List
- 2014 Preview: Hunt Leads O-Line Group
- 2014 Preview: Three Starters Return on D-Line
- 2014 Preview: Options Aplenty at WR
- 2014 Preview: Tight Ends Look to Make Impact
- TCU Announces Football Series with Cal
- 2014 Preview: Carter Leads Safety Group
- 2014 Preview: Competition Keys Quarterback Position
- All items are subject to search
- Permitted. No video. Must be hand-held.
- Permitted. Must be small.