Amon G. Carter StadiumTCU Horned Frogs
Amon G. Carter Stadium is located in Fort Worth Texas. It is a football stadium on the campus of Texas Christian University and is home to the TCU Horned Frogs. Amon G. Carter Stadium is owned and operated by Texas Christian University.
10-19-2014 Sun Hi 77°F
10-20-2014 Mon Hi 84°F
10-21-2014 Tue Hi 81°F
10-22-2014 Wed Hi 81°F
Lo 61°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Construction began on Amon G. Carter Stadium in 1929 and was completed by October 1930. The stadium is named after a prominent Fort Worth business and generous donor, Amon G. Carter. Amon G. Carter Stadium has a couple of nicknames which are “The Carter” and “Hell’s Half-Acre” (referring to the sites wild west past). The stadium’s original playing surface was natural grass (1930-1972). In 1973 the grass was replaced with AstroTurf (1973-1991). In 1992 the AstroTurf was torn out and the surface was converted back to natural grass. In 2002 a new score board and video board were installed and in 2008 luxury suites and club seats was added raising capacity to 44,358. In December 2010 reconstruction started on the west stands and on the north end zone. Work was completed prior to the 2012 season.
East side of campus - General
- Lot 7
- No event is scheduled here.
- Throughout concourse level
- TCU Football news
- TCU vs. Oklahoma State Postgame Notes
- TCU vs. Oklahoma State Postgame Quotes
- No. 12 TCU Overwhelms No. 15 Oklahoma State, 42-9
- Boykin and Dawson Receive National Notice
- Patterson Meets With The Media
- Cadillac On The Scene - Andy Dalton
- TCU-Texas Tech Kickoff Time Set
- No. 12 TCU Hosts No. 15 OSU on Saturday
- TCU vs. Baylor Postgame Notes
- All items are subject to search
- Permitted. No video. Must be hand-held.
- Permitted. Must be small.